Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Plarn!

No, it's not an expletive... It's a free and environmentally friendly weaving fiber - plastic yarn! This is the first I've heard of it, and pardon my ignorance if it's a common thing and I am behind the times, but I find this very exciting. Anyway, I know that the art teachers in my county will be doing weavings this semester, and many of you across the country (and world!) love weaving, so I thought I'd share this technique for making plarn found on Crochet Dynamite/Pinterest http://www.crochetdynamite.com/2013/01/how-to-make-plarn.html
If you are an experienced plarn-user, let me know what techniques work best for you - I need tips.
Students: make this! Lots and lots of it! Bring it to class and we will get started soon. I plan on trying this out tomorrow during my snow day. And let's be real, "plarn" is just plain fun to say. :)


2 comments:

  1. That isn't how I cut the bags but I've made a lot from "plarn." It is great! Although I have found it is rough on the fingers after a little while. Thanks for sharing more people should do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out zween.wordpress.com/tag/plarn she uses hers to make crocheted items... have fun with your plarn! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!