Friday, August 16, 2013

300th post, 22nd year, 1st week


We are back in action at Dolvin Elementary, and ready to "reach for the stars" as this year's schoolwide theme. I can't believe this is my 22nd year teaching, and my 300th blog post! I have updated my class schedule, as seen here and also in the tabs above. Parents, please follow my blog by clicking on your method of choice to the right, so that you can see all the amazing things we are learning and making in art class. All of the student portfolios will remain in the art room until the end of the year, and they will be so excited to show them off to you next spring. Remind your little artists to wear art-friendly clothes on their art day, because even the washable materials can leave stains. Smocks and aprons are always welcome.

Click to enlarge

My 4th and 5th graders enjoyed a funny video while we were passing out materials, and they were dying to see more. You can find these skits on YouTube by searching "Kid Snippets" - they are hilarious and kid appropriate. Here's the one we watched called "Art Class" - thanks to The Art of Ed blog for posting these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxmYKE14aM4


2 comments:

  1. You have a packed schedule!!!
    I laughed so hard at this video it made me cry:)
    Congrats on your 300th post and best wishes for the new school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Shannah! Isn't it hilarious? Btw, I am really enjoying several lessons I got from your blog this year - you will definitely recognize them :)

      Delete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!